Director, People Services & Culture
Competition #: 1288
Language Requirements: CBC
Closing date: June 16, 2020
Our vision is to earn the trust of Canadians as a global leader in deposit insurance and resolution. At CDIC, we offer you the unique opportunity to provide financial peace of mind to Canadians in a stimulating, diverse and inclusive work environment. Let’s work together to build trusted relationships and to deliver quality service to all Canadians.
The Director is responsible and accountable for a staff of full-time and term employees and the management and direction of all human resources (HR) operations, including but not limited to classification, compensation, recruitment and onboarding, human resources information systems (HRIS) as well as HR related regulatory reporting requirements of the Canadian Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC).
- Be a Culture Champion at the Canadian Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) and leading innovator
- Scope, design, and implement a new scalable and integrated HRIS platform with speed and quality to address current and evolving needs
- Lead or partner on recruitment best-practices including sourcing/talent pipeline, selection and delivering effective onboarding in line with CDIC’s values and competencies
- Lead CDIC’s total rewards program review and ensure a sustainable approach to provide appropriate flexibility, benchmarking and competitiveness
- Lead a team that delivers excellence in HR systems, processes, data, analytics and regulatory compliance and reporting
- Set the data analysis strategy and take data to the next level.
- Design and build meaningful reports, dashboards, and tracking methodology that delivers actionable insights
- Monitor and respond to the regulatory environment to ensures CDIC’s people-focused policies, procedures and processes are ever-current and serving the needs of CDIC’s culture
- Collaborate with the People & Culture Programs team to ensure alignment between programs and processes and CDIC’s employee value proposition as outlined in CDIC’s HCM strategy
- Collaborate with Director People Programs to ensure seamless execution of CDIC’s talent development programs and to deliver on CDIC’s employee value proposition
- Collaborate with business areas regarding long term workforce planning
- Back-up the Director People Programs as required, when required
- Step in for the Head as required, when required
Qualifications and Experience
- 8 –10 years of leadership experience, developing strategy, managing and motivating teams
- A high-level of emotional intelligence, leadership expertise, content knowledge, openness to change, and the willingness to merge a diverse set of ideas to bring forward the best in HR operations
- Experience leading change management efforts to further organizational transformation
- Expert knowledge of total rewards approaches; HR data analytics; demographic and workforce trends; sourcing and selection techniques
- Knowledge of employment law and facilitation/negotiation skills
- Bilingual (CBC/CBC) with excellent oral and written communications skills
- Can-do attitude and team player
- Track record of delivering programs and services that drive businesses forward
- CHRP/L designation an asset
Conditions of Employment/Security Clearance
Level II, Secret
- One permanent position is currently available.
- Due to Canadian immigration regulations, we can only consider applications from Canadian citizens or other individuals legally entitled to work in Canada and obtain necessary security clearances. Please indicate in your cover letter the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
- CDIC is a federal agency (separate employer) and does not fall under the Public Service Employment Act.
- CDIC is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process, please advise us. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team that contributes to the stability of Canada’s financial system and meet the required qualifications we invite you to forward your résumé and covering letter describing how you could contribute to our organization at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote competition #1288.
- We would like to thank all candidates who apply however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.