Manager, Application Services
Competition #: 1294
Language Requirements: BBB
Closing Date: June 25, 2020
Our vision is to earn the trust of Canadians as a global leader in deposit insurance and resolution. At CDIC, we offer you the unique opportunity to provide financial peace of mind to Canadians in a stimulating, diverse and inclusive work environment. Let’s work together to build trusted relationships and to deliver quality service to all Canadians.
The Manager, Application Services is responsible for all aspects of application service delivery and support for custom-developed and COTS (Commercial Off-the-Shelf) applications. In order to achieve this, the incumbent must demonstrate an excellent understanding of organizational needs to enable and enhance CDIC’s capabilities through technical solutions. The incumbent also manages the portfolio of applications and works in collaboration with other functional areas in the corporation and with external service providers. The incumbent is responsible for managing application services staff and workloads related to application services projects.
- Manages the solutions life-cycle for both waterfall and agile projects, including proof of concepts. This includes the management of requirements, development efforts, priorities, tools and coordinating with 3rd party service providers.
- Collaborate with business groups across the Corporation for application initiatives and works towards CDIC’s mandate by prioritizing work assigned to the Application Services team
- Oversees the preparation and scale-up of activities for business process testing, simulations and failure events; ensuring that adequate support is made available in a timely fashion
- Ascertains the integrity, maintenance requirements and changes to the application portfolio to ensure that various business units are assisted with their mandates
- Manages promotion of application releases into production environments and follows rigorous change controls. Works with internal and external stakeholders and vendors to protect the integrity of production applications.
- Provides adhoc reporting and decision support for management decision processes. Ensures that required information is accessible and that data has high availability and is accurate.
- Participates in technology decisions related to Corporate and Mandate Applications and makes recommendations that will be sustainable over time and oversees that applications are delivered with the required business processes, training and testing.
- Manages the activities and tasks of business analysts and provides management support for business and Information Systems projects as needed to enable the Application Services team to meet and exceed targets set by senior management
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Science, or Computer Science an asset
- Five to seven years of management experience, or related experience
- Five years of experience in a role that included direct business relationship management, vendor management, and project delivery accountability
- In-depth understanding of application development and business requirement gathering using the Agile and waterfall methodology
- Strong people management skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong communications and presentations skills.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Sound understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture, IT Service Management and Project Management disciplines as it relates to application development
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Working knowledge Data Warehouse/BI technologies
Conditions of Employment/Security Clearance
Level II, Secret
- One permanent position is currently available.
- Due to Canadian immigration regulations, we can only consider applications from Canadian citizens or other individuals legally entitled to work in Canada and obtain necessary security clearances. Please indicate in your cover letter the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
- CDIC is a federal agency (separate employer) and does not fall under the Public Service Employment Act.
- CDIC is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process, please advise us. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team that contributes to the stability of Canada’s financial system and meet the required qualifications, we invite you to forward your résumé and covering letter describing how you could contribute to our organization at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote competition #1294.
- We would like to thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.