Senior Project Manager
Competition #: 1284
Language Requirements: BBB
Closing date: June 12, 2020
Our vision is to earn the trust of Canadians as a global leader in deposit insurance and resolution. At CDIC, we offer you the unique opportunity to provide financial peace of mind to Canadians in a stimulating, diverse and inclusive work environment. Let’s work together to build trusted relationships and to deliver quality service to all Canadians.
The Senior Project Manager will play a key role in the development and administration of the Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) and provide support to the organization in the management of its projects and initiatives. As part of the Corporate Strategy and Risk Management Group, the Senior Project Manager must demonstrate a willingness to contribute and collaborate with other team members in Corporate Strategy, ERM and the Simulation Centre of Excellence.
- Manage the development and then maintenance of the EPMO framework (with assistance from an external consultant) to execute the build for the framework and the required tools to support the EPMO, including automation for reporting tools that support corporate performance reporting, risk identification and strategic decisions.
- Oversee training and education for staff on the framework and reporting tools.
- Manage the intake, prioritization, monitoring and reporting process for projects and initiatives, as coordinated by the Corporate Project Manager.
- Provide assistance with or contribute to regular corporate performance reports, including presentations to the Leadership Council.
- Develop, maintain and provide training to key business users on project approval processes and metrics.
- Provide Project Management expertise to various internal groups, as required, on project management best practices and develop supporting standards, processes, templates, tools, and training.
- Provide direct Project Management support on major initiatives, or coordinates with project managers retained by business groups, as required.
- Performs other related duties, as appropriate.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in economics, finance or in a field relevant to the duties of the position, or an equivalent combination of education with relevant work experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, with preference being given to individuals with portfolio management certification and PMI risk management professionals.
- 10 years’ experience successfully managing projects involving the interaction of multiple groups with a minimum of 5 years’ experience managing complex projects.
- Experience in portfolio management and business analysis.
- Experience in leading the development and implementation of an Enterprise Project Management Office would be considered an asset.
- Experience in project management at a Crown corporation or financial sector government department or agency would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction in areas of responsibility.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of project management, including practices, tools, procedures and controls and ability to adapt and apply this knowledge to CDIC’s environment.
- Highly developed ability to plan, manage and implement new tools and/or procedures that are far reaching and affect many stakeholders within an organization.
- Research skills in order to recommend best practices with respect to information governance practices and tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to identify potential issues and recommend solutions to the various lines of business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service oriented and highly developed relationship management and interpersonal skills.
Conditions of Employment/Security Clearance
Level II, Secret
- One permanent position is currently available.
- Due to Canadian immigration regulations, we can only consider applications from Canadian citizens or other individuals legally entitled to work in Canada and obtain necessary security clearances. Please indicate in your cover letter the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
- CDIC is a federal agency (separate employer) and does not fall under the Public Service Employment Act.
- CDIC is committed to Employment Equity and encourages the equitable participation of all Canadians. If your application is retained and you require any special accommodation during the selection process, please advise us. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team that contributes to the stability of Canada’s financial system and meet the required qualifications we invite you to forward your résumé and covering letter describing how you could contribute to our organization at email@example.com. Please quote competition #1284.
- We would like to thank all candidates who apply however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.